Latest topics
» The Maudsley Prescribing Guidelines In Psychiatry 11th Editi
Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:16 pm by takkpenn

» Albaladejo Derecho Civil Ii Pdf Free
Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:56 pm by takkpenn

» Albaladejo Derecho Civil Ii Pdf Free
Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:14 pm by takkpenn

» What Up?
Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:32 pm by Leinad

» Help with my persona would be greatly appreciated
Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:28 pm by Daemonis

» Another Bonfire?
Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:12 pm by wetzel_sixx90_09

» Free projectile foam
Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:26 am by Ben

» Facebook Group
Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:05 am by wetzel_sixx90_09

» The Elite
Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:08 am by Zuryel

November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

Calendar Calendar

Gallery


Donation Box

Realm needs to change

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Shadow And Whisper on Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:48 pm

Nokomis wrote:
Iosua MacFarlane wrote:You are participating in a full-contact combat sport. It IS about the fighting. You are on a field of BATTLE attempting to KILL your OPPONENT with a WEAPON. If that's just too hardcore for you, try LARPing not a COMBAT SPORT. And Leinad, we "vets" have been fighting, off and on mind you, for about 2 1/2 to 3 years max, excluding Zair who has been at it for about 4. Oh and your excuse about new fighters not being "athletic", i have a partially reconstructed knee, a chronic lung illness, i chain-smoke, and aside from practice i sit around and work, so don't even try and go there. Since you're so curious about what happened to the old field by the way, its called grown-ups having jobs and other responsibilities, it had nothing to do with us decimating noobies so that they'd never return, most everyone just had a life that kinda required their attendence. And what's so terribly difficult about starting a realm? Realm name, fighters of the realm, when we practice, HOLY SHIT I'VE CREATED A REALM! To sum it all up, stop being pussies, or find something else to entertain yourself that, once again, isn't a FULL-CONTACT COMBAT SPORT.


Yes, this is a FULL-CONTACT COMBAT SPORT but that isn't all that it is. Its a chance to be someone else, to get away from everything that bothers them. To some people it is so much more than fighting, they get into it more than you would believe. So don't say that its just fighting, cause then your insulting everyone who thinks otherwise.

As for the noobs being decimated, People aren't going to want to play if you kill them without giving them at least a little chance. Your supposed to get MORE people to fight, not stick with the same people CONSTANTLY. Then you won't grow as a team, or as a person. Give the poor noobs a chance to get into it before you decimate them.

Yes, you have lung problems, but don't use that as a way to say "HEY YOU GUYS HAVE TO BE GOOD CAUSE I'M SICK AND I'M BETTER THAN YOU" don't use YOU smoking as an excuse, that was YOUR fault. You are still more athletic than most people out there, that is because you've been doing this longer.

The reason people quit coming is because of the WEATHER!!!!! People don't go outside when its FUCKING FREEZING.

Insulting everyone on here is a very RUDE thing for you to do. I'm sorry, but this PUSSY is actually tired of your bullshit.

If you want FIGHTING, join wrestling.


"Whisper"
First off I have been watching the vets since basically the beginning. So, 1) I know their reasons behind fighting. And it’s not just fighting to get hurt. If you wanna hang out off field go for it, on field... well let’s just say if you plan on attending events.. this shit isn’t going to cut it. 2) "noobs being decimated" No, sorry, I promise the vets are taking it easy on them. Years ago, people left the field with broken bones and blood everywhere. And everyone was like "good fight, see ya tomorrow." 3) Iosua isn’t saying "HEY YOU GUYS HAVE TO BE GOOD CAUSE I'M SICK AND I'M BETTER THAN YOU" he is just pointing out that everyone has problems, deal with it. If anyone wants to be more athletic go jogging??? Or do something about it??? All this free time the noobs aren't going to practice cause the vets are "too aggressive" they can be lifting weights, working out in general... Something to improve themselves besides sitting around a tree talking about what needs to change. Talking isn't going to change your fighting ability. 4) I'm tired of your bullshit. 5) This is a sport mainly about fighting. Without the fighting it wouldn't be Belegarth. Note look at the webpage. http://www.belegarth.com/ "Belegarth Medieval Combat Society is a fun, safe, and inexpensive sport where participants wear medieval or fantasy-themed clothing and fight with foam-padded weapons. The fighting is hard and fast and has, since 1979, refined into its own brand of martial art" ... *cough cough* Suspect Now think about this one... take away the fighting.. Ok we get a sport where participants wear medieval or fantasy-themed clothing. Wow?!? fun....no. 6) Ok, I agree we need to be social, and the noobs need to get better. But the vets have lives. They’re not going to stand over you and tell you every little thing you need to do. They learned from fighting on the field, unless you take action yourself. That is how they will teach you. If we are going to be social, don’t do this on fighting days. Ask someone on field you haven't spoke to, to hang out, or talk to the group you never talk to... Wait let’s say.. be social? Going to the movies.. is not a way to get to know one another. You can't talk at the movies (well you can but I'm pretty sure the people behind you will quickly dump popcorn on you).. We do need to get together. But really guys, there's nowhere for everyone to just chill, on average 20isk round about teen pre-adults to go and just talk. Movies-can't talk. Restaurant-no restaurant can seat about 20 people at one table where we all can talk which is the point of this gathering. Park-basically what we are doing now... So, really it’s BG. You name a time and place (that we can logically afford, fit in, and talk) as long as people aren't busy. People will try to show.

Shadow And Whisper

Female Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Shadow And Whisper on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:16 pm

*SHADOW*
So yeah this is pointless arguing, at least typing on the computer, it won’t get us anywhere. I agree with Arkady, we need to have a face to face meeting. Everyone needs to be able to speak freely, without interruptions. Then after everyone has had their say we should try and fix this.
People need to really understand that this is a sport centered around fighting, there are other things that go along with it, but it's mainly fighting.
Yeah as for socializing, come on people! That's basically all we do now. As for people leaving you shouldn’t blame this all on the vets. They have been holding back, anyone who leaves never really cared enough about the sport to begin with. A lot of the noobs are just scared of getting hurt... the vet's are trying to make you a better fighter, so fight them, don't run, or complain. It gets you nowhere. And if that's all you’re going to do you shouldn't be on the field.
Socializing will be hard to arrange, everyone has different schedules, but we can at least try.
The money thing... yeah lolz, a dollar... that’s not gonna help much, lets arrange events like bake sales, car washes, I dunno something, and people who can spare money, do it, Everyone is smart, so come up with some ideas on how to get money so that we can do things, so that if an event rolls around and someone doesn’t have the money then the group can pay their way. Also this will help us to hang out like a park cook out... but there is a problem, which would hold the money that we raise? Yeah who does everyone trust???
But yeah. We NEED a meeting, we ALL need to talk! Soon to get this shit over with, it’s all stupid drama and people being bitches.
I’m tired, it's after midnight, I have a life in which tomorrow I have to work, so my rant is done...for now.

Shadow And Whisper

Female Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Brigantia on Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:06 am

Good grief. I mean, seriously, can anyone raise their fur up or get there panties in a wad any more than this? I'm sick with the flu for a week and I come back to this mess. Anyway, on topic:

Any of you that know Leinad would have read that post and understood that he was only trying to help the realm. Jumping down his throat and using all caps to make your text look angry is stupid. Most of us are either adults or VERY close to it, and yet I feel like I'm in a school playground hearing drama about who is pissed at who. Seriously - grow up (or take anger management, whichever is more appropriate for you).

Yes there are a lot of people not showing up anymore. There's several reasons. Bullshit drama like this. People using Belegarth to drag their personal shit in our way. And then just crap that life throws at you. I've been gone mostly because of weather, an afteroon class on TR, and sickness (like this fucking flu.)

The bit about vets not being allowed to practice...ummm... I'm not sure where that came from. I can understand a noob only practice on OTHER days, just like the vets sometimes call one another up and its just them fighting. That's no problem.

Social: My biggest complaint about Belegarth is actually the lack of non-combat stuff to do. If you wanna get all big and bad on me, I come from the mother fucking SCA. I'd like to see some of you "fight fight fight" people out there doing what they do. They'd wipe the field with your ass. Here's the kicker - SCA is UBER social. There's all kinds of things for non-combat people to do, and the people who do fight do things other than fighting. I suppose its a maturity level. You have to learn to be a balanced person, not just silly boys and girls swinging sticks. In my opinion, its much more fun. Its just easier for me to be in Bel right now.

Finally, dues: We need dues. You can bitch all you want about how you're not paying for something that should be free, but the thing is, free to whom? Its not free for Leinad. He's bought the ribbons for team battles, extra weapons he lets people use all the time, and just the other day he asked me to make some herald garb and said he would pay me back. That's just the stuff I can come up with off the top of my head. We've all used his things. We've all taken advantage of him. Yes, Bel has been free for us - but at his expense. So if you're going to piss and moan about what are VERY reasonable dues, that's fine and dandy. When it comes time to fight you are more than welcome to join in. However, I better not see you touch a field weapon of his, use one of his bands, or the herald garb when you come.
avatar
Brigantia

Female Number of posts : 65
Age : 28
Registration date : 2008-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Nokomis on Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:12 am

Okay. I do see your point, but its not what i was saying. So your point isn't really valid at the moment. I'm not the one who was complaining about any thing, but there are people that are. If there are people complaining about something, then there is a problem with that something. I wasn't talking about the new fighters but the NEW fighters, the ones that show up that day and want to play, I'm sure if they had some bones broken or bleeding parts, that they wouldn't be as apt to attend anymore. As for the athletic problems, I agree, don't complain unless you are going to try and fix that.

Yes Fighting is what belegarth is centered on, but, LIKE I SAID, there is way more to it than that. If there wasn't then, why would we dress up, make a persona, and LIVE it?

Noone is asking the vets to Stand over anyone. Just simply saying that maybe they could work with the few that are actually having problems.

Being social, I also agree there. We need to get together and have a BIG discussion. We all need to figure out where this realm should go.

Noone, as far as I have seen, has really blamed this on the vets. It's not the vets, IT'S THE COLDASS WEATHER... gahh people need to actually read. I've said that sooo many times now its ridiculus.(spelling problem... sorry)

Everyone already knows my input about money.

_________________
Take me from this earth
an endless night-
this, the end of life.
From the dark I feel your lips
and taste your bloody kiss.
avatar
Nokomis
Visiter from Another Realm

Female Number of posts : 292
Age : 24
Fighting Style : Sword -&- Board
Registration date : 2009-01-17

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/define_insanity

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Sammael Morningstar on Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:57 am

First off, if you LIVE your persona, you need to get a REAL life. You will never truly become Snitzy the half-elf lycan berserker who dual wields katanas and has a shady past no matter how hard or how long you try. Second, ya leinad kinda did blame the vets for attendance issues with the following lines,

Leinad wrote:Also, I really don't like the direction the realm is going. It's good that we have gotten a little more competitive, but I think we have gotten to serious. Practice isn't about having fun anymore, instead its about fighting. Fighting is fine and dandy, but if it's not also about having fun anymore then things are just going to decay into only the most serious and veteran fighters attending, which is exactly what has happened. If I'm right about the attendance being a trend rather than coincidence, it means that the realm is dieing. The few veterans that are still coming are going to get tired off fighting themselves and things are going to grind to a halt.


A.K.A. We're too hardass and we need to stop driving everyone off.


And this little bit,

Leinad wrote:I don't know what happened to cause the old field to collapse, but I have a felling that it has something to do with this. If you guys would rather isolate yourselves from new people and fight amongest yourselves fine, but be warned, organizing a realm takes a lot of time and effort. Otherwise, you're all are still welcome here. Keep in mind though that this is my realm, and if you go down I'm going to do my damnest to keep the realm from going down with you.


Or hey, maybe I'm just reading that wrong.....
avatar
Sammael Morningstar

Male Number of posts : 14
Age : 28
Realm : Walkure
Fighting Style : German & Italian Longsword
Registration date : 2009-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Nokomis on Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:00 am

okay...
My fault for misunderstanding.

don't be a jackass about it

mkay

_________________
Take me from this earth
an endless night-
this, the end of life.
From the dark I feel your lips
and taste your bloody kiss.
avatar
Nokomis
Visiter from Another Realm

Female Number of posts : 292
Age : 24
Fighting Style : Sword -&- Board
Registration date : 2009-01-17

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/define_insanity

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Ulhar Svent on Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:49 am

Hey guys how about this, instead of talking about a meeting, lets set a time and date. Im not trying to be rude this is just a friendly recomendation. And leinad we need to figure out a way for everyone to voice their opinion without it being a back and forth chaotic argument. once again not being rude just a suggestion.
avatar
Ulhar Svent

Male Number of posts : 26
Age : 25
Fighting Style : whatever ive got
Registration date : 2009-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Xys' Tel Unaki on Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:59 am

Ulhar Svent wrote:Hey guys how about this, instead of talking about a meeting, lets set a time and date. Im not trying to be rude this is just a friendly recomendation. And leinad we need to figure out a way for everyone to voice their opinion without it being a back and forth chaotic argument. once again not being rude just a suggestion.
*HISSSSSSS!!!!!* The sun, it burns!
avatar
Xys' Tel Unaki

Male Number of posts : 405
Realm : Disassociated
House : Xys' Tel of Aipotu
Fighting Style : Archery
Registration date : 2008-11-05

View user profile http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board=939933&topic=46389

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Runner on Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:00 am

Once again, let's cut the drama. It would be much better and easier to discuss these issues face to face. People will always misinterpret things you say, because no one sees things the exact same way. Now, I'm going give to my God honest opinion.

One; It's not the vets' fault people don't come. For a fact, I know many of them want to see us grow. (Zair, Arkardy (sp), Rayoe, etc.) People can't make it to practice all the time because we have things to do or things come up. The reason I haven't been able to make it as often as I want to is because I've been busy (school, people coming over) and sick (allergen attack). Hopefully over my spring break, I can make it once or twice. The weather has been a bit erratic (storms, constant temperature changes, cloudiness), so don't blame it on the vets.

Two; There are multiple reasons why people fight. I started fighting to get some exercise and get a social life. I still fight to get some exercise and get a social life. To me, belegarth is just a fun sport/hobby. I think that's how at least a few more people see it.

Three; Daniel has made without a doubt some huge sacrifices. He has taken me into town on at least two or three separate occasions so I could get some supplies. He has also picked me up many times. I ask if he needs money and most of the time he says no. I still give me 5 dollars for gas if he ever wants it and sometimes I'll force him to take it. I don't always give him money, but I have no problem giving him some cash. In other words: if you don't want to pay some dues, that's fine. If you want to donate some money to the group, that's fine too. I think it would help us all and really help Daniel get some of this financial weight off his back.

Four; I have to agree with Clara. This drama is getting out of hand.

I realize many of you will not agree with me. I have no problem with that. Quite honestly, when people agree with me, it freaks me out a little bit.

Thank you for reading and have a nice day.


Last edited by JackyTrekker on Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Improper sentence!!)
avatar
Runner

Male Number of posts : 643
Age : 25
Realm : Walkure
House : Walkure Elite apparently.
Fighting Style : Single blue, sword and board
Registration date : 2008-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  TheYeti on Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:10 am

JackyTrekker wrote:Once again, let's cut the drama. It would be much better and easier to discuss these issues face to face. People will always misinterpret things you say, because no one sees things the exact same way. Now, I'm going to my God honest opinion.

One; It's not the vets' fault people don't come. For a fact, I know many of them want to see us grow. (Zair, Arkardy (sp), Rayoe, etc.) People can't make it to practice all the time because we have things to do or things come up. The reason I haven't been able to make it as often as I want to is because I've been busy (school, people coming over) and sick (allergen attack). Hopefully over my spring break, I can make it once or twice. The weather has been a bit erratic (storms, constant temperature changes, cloudiness), so don't blame it on the vets.

Two; There are multiple reasons why people fight. I started fighting to get some exercise and get a social life. I still fight to get some exercise and get a social life. To me, belegarth is just a fun sport/hobby. I think that's how at least a few more people see it.

Three; Daniel has made without a doubt some huge sacrifices. He has taken me into town on at least two or three separate occasions so I could get some supplies. He has also picked me up many times. I ask if he needs money and most of the time he says no. I still give me 5 dollars for gas if he ever wants it and sometimes I'll force him to take it. I don't always give him money, but I have no problem giving him some cash. In other words: if you don't want to pay some dues, that's fine. If you want to donate some money to the group, that's fine too. I think it would help us all and really help Daniel get some of this financial weight off his back.

Four; I have to agree with Clara. This drama is getting out of hand.

I realize many of you will not agree with me. I have no problem with that. Quite honestly, when people agree with me, it freaks me out a little bit.

Thank you for reading and have a nice day.
good points see u later today

TheYeti
Belegarth Veteran

Male Number of posts : 168
Age : 30
Fighting Style : depends on whats there
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Harth on Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:13 am

JackyTrekker wrote:Once again, let's cut the drama. It would be much better and easier to discuss these issues face to face. People will always misinterpret things you say, because no one sees things the exact same way. Now, I'm going to my God honest opinion.

One; It's not the vets' fault people don't come. For a fact, I know many of them want to see us grow. (Zair, Arkardy (sp), Rayoe, etc.) People can't make it to practice all the time because we have things to do or things come up. The reason I haven't been able to make it as often as I want to is because I've been busy (school, people coming over) and sick (allergen attack). Hopefully over my spring break, I can make it once or twice. The weather has been a bit erratic (storms, constant temperature changes, cloudiness), so don't blame it on the vets.

Two; There are multiple reasons why people fight. I started fighting to get some exercise and get a social life. I still fight to get some exercise and get a social life. To me, belegarth is just a fun sport/hobby. I think that's how at least a few more people see it.

Three; Daniel has made without a doubt some huge sacrifices. He has taken me into town on at least two or three separate occasions so I could get some supplies. He has also picked me up many times. I ask if he needs money and most of the time he says no. I still give me 5 dollars for gas if he ever wants it and sometimes I'll force him to take it. I don't always give him money, but I have no problem giving him some cash. In other words: if you don't want to pay some dues, that's fine. If you want to donate some money to the group, that's fine too. I think it would help us all and really help Daniel get some of this financial weight off his back.

Four; I have to agree with Clara. This drama is getting out of hand.

I realize many of you will not agree with me. I have no problem with that. Quite honestly, when people agree with me, it freaks me out a little bit.

Thank you for reading and have a nice day.

I agree with you 100%. Especially the part about not being able to show up. I don't live in Bowling Green and I don't have a liscense. Besides, even if I did, I don't have a car... and seeing as my mom generally uses hers on the weekends for various things, I wouldn't have access to it. the weather also hasn't been the greatest this past month or so.

_________________

Harth

Male Number of posts : 53
Realm : A'tal Ra'
House : Katsuri
Fighting Style : Florentine currently, with an interest in learning to use a shield later on
Registration date : 2009-03-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Runner on Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:15 am

By the way, in a turn of events, I might not be able to make it to practice today. I need to help mow the yard and whack some weeds. As it turns out, my push mower is low on gas, so it won't start. My Dad took the gas cans to fill them up, and I'm sure when he'll be back. And my mother's car is acting funny again.

In other words, maybe I'll see you all later this week. If I'm really lucky, I'll see you all today.
avatar
Runner

Male Number of posts : 643
Age : 25
Realm : Walkure
House : Walkure Elite apparently.
Fighting Style : Single blue, sword and board
Registration date : 2008-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Ulhar Svent on Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:42 am

whats ur beef culter?
avatar
Ulhar Svent

Male Number of posts : 26
Age : 25
Fighting Style : whatever ive got
Registration date : 2009-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Xys' Tel Unaki on Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:46 am

Ulhar Svent wrote:whats ur beef culter?
The light is reflecting too much in your pic. xD
avatar
Xys' Tel Unaki

Male Number of posts : 405
Realm : Disassociated
House : Xys' Tel of Aipotu
Fighting Style : Archery
Registration date : 2008-11-05

View user profile http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board=939933&topic=46389

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Ulhar Svent on Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:47 am

Oh... my bad, misunderstanding Smile
avatar
Ulhar Svent

Male Number of posts : 26
Age : 25
Fighting Style : whatever ive got
Registration date : 2009-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Leinad on Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:07 am

To clarafy, I don't mean that we should all sit around the tree singing coombiaa. We will still fight. If we can get lots of new members and make those members feel confident and welcomed, they will fight more intensly than otherwise and the fighting in the realm could actually get better, as opposed to weaker. Really, I think most of the socializing should take place outside of practice or towards the end of it. What I was going for is just trying to find some way that we can get to know each other so that we can A. Have more fun at practice and B. trust each other enough that our realm has more teamwork in battle.

Personaly, I have no desire to really do a whole lot with my persona. The people that do though should be able to do so comfortably in our realm, so long as they don't take it to far. I think our practices would be more fun if people actually wore garb to practice.

Admitedly yes, I did sorta blame the vets. Although a few (less than three) have been particuaalry unhelpful, I'm aiming the blame not at the vets themselves but at the ideology some of them have brought to the realm. The veterains have been the best and worse thing that has happened to the realm. Without the veterains the realm would have grown more natuaraly and the balacne of power wouldn't be as lopsided as it is now, but at the same time the veterain have given the realm direction with experiance and something newer fighters can aspire to. The realm might have been better if we had just one or two vets (no one in particular), but theres no helping that.

What I'm crusading against is that ideology of secluding ourselves from potenchal new fighters and fighting just for the sake of fighting and winning. People should always remember that this is a hobby. Most new people that aren't already hardcoresih are going to get intimidated by the vets. I feel the whole new people practice would help people gain confidence enough to take their fighting to the next level. If a certain new person never wants to do that, they don't have to, they can keep fighting cassually.

I would say more but at this point I think most of the views that need to be expressed have been. We can discuss what should actually be done at the meeting. Besides, I'm hungry and want to just get my mind off of this for a while.

_________________
avatar
Leinad
Admin

Male Number of posts : 564
Age : 27
Realm : WKU Medieval Recreation Club
House : May make one in the future
Fighting Style : Sword n Board with intrest in short red and floritien
Registration date : 2008-11-04

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/daniel237

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Ulhar Svent on Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:20 pm

Leinad you bring allot of valid points, i can say from expierence that the vets can be intimidating. But then again everybody has a valid point. your the leader of the realm, and what you decide to do I will respect. The meeting might as well happen at the next practice or people ar just gonna stand around awkardly. Ill try to be at the next practice, but im grounded so i might not be able to, let me know how it goes.
avatar
Ulhar Svent

Male Number of posts : 26
Age : 25
Fighting Style : whatever ive got
Registration date : 2009-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Runner on Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:39 pm

Ok, I have finished mowing and can make it to practice. I will talk about some of these issues with some people to get their opinions. To me, there is no time like the present.
avatar
Runner

Male Number of posts : 643
Age : 25
Realm : Walkure
House : Walkure Elite apparently.
Fighting Style : Single blue, sword and board
Registration date : 2008-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Nokomis on Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:07 pm

I don't know about you guys, But I'm tired of this drama crapola.

I would love to talk about this at the cookout/disscussion thing, but frankly I think that at least the begining of it will be very bad. There will be alot of problems with people getting too mad, and people not wanting to listen to other views.

So guys, I'm directing this at EVERYONE, keep an open mind, and try to be at least a little respectful. Yeti and I will attempt to keep everyone in order...

be nice,
or I kick you in the nads
^.^

_________________
Take me from this earth
an endless night-
this, the end of life.
From the dark I feel your lips
and taste your bloody kiss.
avatar
Nokomis
Visiter from Another Realm

Female Number of posts : 292
Age : 24
Fighting Style : Sword -&- Board
Registration date : 2009-01-17

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/define_insanity

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Zuryel on Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:22 pm

*kicks nokki in the nads*

HAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

_________________
I only have one rule, everyone fights, no one quits, if you run I will kill you myself. IS THAT CLEAR!?
avatar
Zuryel
Admin

Male Number of posts : 133
Age : 28
Realm : Walkure
House : Elite
Fighting Style : Sword and Board, Polearm
Registration date : 2009-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Nokomis on Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:48 pm

Too bad Nokki doesn't have nads

My apologies good sir.

^.^

_________________
Take me from this earth
an endless night-
this, the end of life.
From the dark I feel your lips
and taste your bloody kiss.
avatar
Nokomis
Visiter from Another Realm

Female Number of posts : 292
Age : 24
Fighting Style : Sword -&- Board
Registration date : 2009-01-17

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/define_insanity

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  TheYeti on Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:50 pm

Nokomis wrote:Too bad Nokki doesn't have nads

My apologies good sir.

^.^
hahaha BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheYeti
Belegarth Veteran

Male Number of posts : 168
Age : 30
Fighting Style : depends on whats there
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Leinad on Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:47 pm

I've been talking to Billy and I found out the concern over money is more over how it will be used rather than actually collecting it. He also said that alot of people had issue with the whole movie thing. Whenever I said the movie thing I was just trying to think of potential uses. As expensive as movie tickets, theirs no way we could actually do that unless A, we get a huge surplus and B, people agree to pay it back afterwords. The main use would be for events in our own realm, such as the cookout thing. If it's doable, and it should be, rather than have one person keep the money or something, we will get a bank account. If we set it up right, the only way to get money in or out of the account is with two officers being there at the same time. If one or more of the officers try to use money for personal gains, the realm will be able to go to Western and complain. Since only wku students can be officers, Western could do any number of things to the officers that took the money to make sure it gets returned. Keep in mind that these are only my ideas. Nothing is actually going to change till the cook-out when everyone will be able to express their views. We can also have votes in nessiscary. In fact we will probably do votes anyways.

_________________
avatar
Leinad
Admin

Male Number of posts : 564
Age : 27
Realm : WKU Medieval Recreation Club
House : May make one in the future
Fighting Style : Sword n Board with intrest in short red and floritien
Registration date : 2008-11-04

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/daniel237

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  [GM]Rayoe on Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:20 am

ahem,
theres a few important points in the seven pages i just read.
and alot of unimportant ones.
i'll now touch on the ones that come to mind.

dues - good idea, if anything just bring a cup and ask everyone at each practice if they have some spare change or a dollar or something. nothing is wrong with paying a little to help an organization grow, everything takes money.

spending the money - just buy basic edhellen gear. which would be, short broads and lond broads. dont worry about shields and armor or movies. just get something for someone to put in there hand.

vets and new people - i love new people, thats what keeps me interested. i like seeing them go from flailing around and failing to meeting me eye to eye and almost making me try.

place - anywhere visible is fine. i like the spot beside that dorm where we have been. it not only invited w.k.u. but provides a pretty busy road's passengers to gaze at us. dont ever move it somewhere isolated, like a small backwoods park or someones backyard. that equals fail.

fighting vs. fun - your reason for fighting makes no difference to anyone. because everyone has their own personal view on why combat is fun. maybe its socializing, maybe its winning, maybe its an escape, maybe they like playing video games and they think belegarth is neat too. there is noone that unleashes a tidal wave of fail on a new player, ever. ive never seen it. so i dont know about beating newbies senseless because anyone that hasnt seen the person before generally just watches them fight and occasionally toys with them. best way to get a new person to stay, dont let them know that they are new. just befriend them, and make them feel like they are welcome and this is where they always should have been, not something they are going to work very hard at to be recognized or have to buy cool shit to be important. just spend some time with them and dont ever point them out for being new. just play the game.

im sure - theres some other points ive forgotten, oh yeah toomany practices in a week. i agree that it got spread too thin. the weather is rocking right now. so if there is one single day of the week that a practice is being held(saturday or something) you better belive if im told of it, ill try my best to come and be itching for it all week.

if i remember anything else important ill add to this later.
im extremely openminded and love questions and suggestions.
so dont expect an argument with me over my opinions.
because they are what i have decided and what you have decided doesnt mean a damn thing to me, ever.

also
unaki - wrong on every single little post he's made. i feel like you intentionally argue with people just because your bored or something. ive never once seen you be justified, or even have a solid point. i dont get you. you are a very sad person. and i feel sorry for you.

_________________
avatar
[GM]Rayoe
Visiter from Another Realm

Male Number of posts : 533
Age : 27
Realm : A'tal Ra'
House : :†:無声死の家:†:
Fighting Style : 死の神の方法
Registration date : 2009-01-05

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=722255228&ref=p

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Nokomis on Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:34 pm

all i have to say is...
to that last part...
LOL

_________________
Take me from this earth
an endless night-
this, the end of life.
From the dark I feel your lips
and taste your bloody kiss.
avatar
Nokomis
Visiter from Another Realm

Female Number of posts : 292
Age : 24
Fighting Style : Sword -&- Board
Registration date : 2009-01-17

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/define_insanity

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum