Latest topics
» The Maudsley Prescribing Guidelines In Psychiatry 11th Editi
Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:16 pm by takkpenn

» Albaladejo Derecho Civil Ii Pdf Free
Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:56 pm by takkpenn

» Albaladejo Derecho Civil Ii Pdf Free
Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:14 pm by takkpenn

» What Up?
Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:32 pm by Leinad

» Help with my persona would be greatly appreciated
Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:28 pm by Daemonis

» Another Bonfire?
Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:12 pm by wetzel_sixx90_09

» Free projectile foam
Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:26 am by Ben

» Facebook Group
Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:05 am by wetzel_sixx90_09

» The Elite
Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:08 am by Zuryel

September 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930

Calendar Calendar

Gallery


Donation Box

Realm needs to change

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Realm needs to change

Post  Leinad on Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:34 pm

As most of you probably know, we have had a lack of attendance recently. It sorta started after spring break, but recently, as in the last 6-7 practices or so, we've been lucky to get double digits in attendies.
Now, some people think that it's just because people have had work, school, ect... Thats possible, and I know some people have been out for these things, but ultimately I think that theirs more to it than that. I founded this realm about a year ago and very rarely has attendance fallen so dramatically for just one day, let alone 6-7. I'm really worryed about whats happening to us. This is not just me ranting because no one came Tuesday and it's not something I have just came up with out of no where. I have been talking to people, gathering opinions, and thinking about this for a while now.

First off, the whole practicing four times a week thing needs to stop. Attendance dwindled to what it is now after we started it. I think we have spread ourselves to thin. As such, after Beltaine or maybe sooner, we will be going back to Tuesday and Saturday practices, with something special on sunday every now and then, not every week. If you look at most of the major realms in the belegarth wikipedia, very few hold practice more than twice a week, and many such as Dur-Demarion only have one practice the whole week.

Now on the other side, I think that people that want to fight more than twice a week (myself included), should be able to. I think the best way to solve this problem is for the houses we have, disorganized as they may be at the moment, should make their own special practices at a time and place of their choosing. Houses are by nature more competitive than random fighters, and it makes sense for them to want to practice more often. Making houses take the initiative to organize themselves into having their own practices rather than having the realm artificially make more practice days is only going to make the houses stronger, and should keep normal attendance higher.

Also, I really don't like the direction the realm is going. It's good that we have gotten alittle more competitive, but I think we have gotten to serious. Practice isn't about having fun anymore, instead its about fighting. Fighting is fine and dandy, but if it's not also about having fun anymore then things are just going to decay into only the most serious and veteran fighters attending, which is exactly what has happened. If I'm right about the attendance being a trend rather than coincidence, it means that the realm is dieing. The few veterans that are still coming are going to get tired off fighting themselves and things are going to grind to a halt.

One of the ways to solve this, I think, is for the realm to do more stuff together. Now, to be fair, a lot of the blame as to why we haven't been doing this already is mine. A lot of people said they wanted to do more things like going to the movies like we did for role models and I never really did anything to get this to materialize. Well, I'm going to try to do better about that. However, one thing that I think needs to be done along these lines is to start charging club dues. We where technically suposta be doing this all along, but the original constitution for the club was clunky, impractical, and more trouble than its worth. In order for the group to actually have some funds so we can do stuff, I think we should require $1 a month to participate (people that come one or twice a month obviously excemt). Now before anyone freakes out, remember that thats just $12 an entire freaken year (which probably isn't enough but that can be discussed latter). That money can be used to help pay for cook-outs, campouts, a few movie tickets for those broke at the time of showing, and other things. Speaking of which, who wants to go see Dragon Ball Evolution April 10? It will probably be a terrible train wreck of a movie but its freaken DBZ so yea.

I have gotten a lot of complaints about rhinohiding. Now granted I've had to drag it out of people, but its stopped some people from coming. Speaking of which, I want to congragulate almost all of you for not complaining and bitching about it overtly. Thank you for that. But in the future you need to ether talk to the person thats doing it, someone the rhinohider will listen to, or me. Otherwise, it will probably continue and get worse.

We need designated weapons checkers and at least one herald per seven or so people at ALL times. This realms been around for a whole year and we have many veterain fighters. Theres no reason we can't be more professional about what we do. Do you think that there is no rhinohiding going on? Fair enough, but whats it gona hurt to have heralds on the field to make sure none starts. If it does hurt we will stop if and find something else to do.

Honestly though, where do we want to go as a realm? We practice on a campus that has thousands of people, theres no reason that we can't have huge attendance. My vision for the realm is a place that people come as a place to safely releave stress, exercise, have fun, make new friends, and grow as a person. It should not be a place for a handful of hardcore fighters to stay isolated from the rest of WKU and do nothing but fight over and over again. If thats what you enjoy, more power to you, make a house and do it there. The actual REALM itself should be a place thats the most enjoyable for the most people. Even though right now the majority of the realm is veteran, the majority should be “middle class” fighters, fighters that are enthusiastic and curious yet good enough to stand a chance or at least limb the average veteran. Theres no reason we can't be one of the coolest clubs on campus; people should come to practices because they enjoy it so much, not because they feel obligated to. Ten years from now when I have a Ph D hopefully, I want to be able to come back here and the realm still be here and thriving. I don't see this happening with the way things are going now.

Here soon, in addition to making a realm name, I'm going to make a new constitution that only has two officer positions but several unofficial positions. That way, people don't have to be wku students to be in positions help. This will only work though if A. Some people are willing to give some of their time and effort to the betterment of the realm and B. People are willing to take the initiative to get things done instead of waiting for the realm leader to tell them what to do.

And finally, along those lines, I'm going to try to step down as realm leader soon. It's just to much stress for me, and I think I'm starting to get gray hairs (that may also be my lack of frequent showering however XD ). Not only that, but I really can't lead practices. Also, I have a tendency to lose all courage and resolve whenever someone bitches about things or I feel like I'm not liked. Someone needs to come forward and either become the new realm leader or become a vice realm leader thats there almost as often as I am and actively help me in the areas I'm weak in.

The reason I'm posting this huge rant is to discuss it with people I haven't talked to yet, and therefore refine it. Be sure to come to the cook out two weeks from now so you can have your say in this. Also, if you think you can step up and be realm leader or vice realm leader, let me know.

Holy crap that was a long post XD


Last edited by Leinad on Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
avatar
Leinad
Admin

Male Number of posts : 564
Age : 27
Realm : WKU Medieval Recreation Club
House : May make one in the future
Fighting Style : Sword n Board with intrest in short red and floritien
Registration date : 2008-11-04

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/daniel237

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Nelon on Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:04 pm

I can assist in running practices on Saturdays that I can get rides for. Also, once may comes and I am able to drive myself around I should be coming to ALL Saturday practices as long as I have gas and am not busy. I can check weapons and herald as well, whatever is needed from me.
avatar
Nelon
Veteran, Moderator

Male Number of posts : 315
Realm : A'tal Ra
House : Katsuri
Fighting Style : Klinge und Schild.
Registration date : 2008-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  TheYeti on Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:05 pm

me can help if needed

TheYeti
Belegarth Veteran

Male Number of posts : 168
Age : 29
Fighting Style : depends on whats there
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Runner on Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:38 pm

I would like to learn how to check weapons. That way I can actually contribute.
avatar
Runner

Male Number of posts : 643
Age : 25
Realm : Walkure
House : Walkure Elite apparently.
Fighting Style : Single blue, sword and board
Registration date : 2008-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  TheYeti on Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:58 pm

we can teach u if u show up not meaning to mean

TheYeti
Belegarth Veteran

Male Number of posts : 168
Age : 29
Fighting Style : depends on whats there
Registration date : 2009-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Runner on Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:05 pm

TheYeti wrote:we can teach u if u show up not meaning to mean

I know you're not being mean. I haven't been able to make it mostly on the grounds of the fact I've been busy or sick.
avatar
Runner

Male Number of posts : 643
Age : 25
Realm : Walkure
House : Walkure Elite apparently.
Fighting Style : Single blue, sword and board
Registration date : 2008-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Nelon on Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:23 pm

JackyTrekker wrote:
TheYeti wrote:we can teach u if u show up not meaning to mean

I know you're not being mean. I haven't been able to make it mostly on the grounds of the fact I've been busy or sick.
Hope to see you soon buddy.
avatar
Nelon
Veteran, Moderator

Male Number of posts : 315
Realm : A'tal Ra
House : Katsuri
Fighting Style : Klinge und Schild.
Registration date : 2008-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Runner on Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:35 pm

If practice is not dead because of MTAC, I will be there.
avatar
Runner

Male Number of posts : 643
Age : 25
Realm : Walkure
House : Walkure Elite apparently.
Fighting Style : Single blue, sword and board
Registration date : 2008-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Leinad on Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:03 pm

Thanks guys, glad to hear it.

To try to get the newer people back, me and Billy are going to try to organize a weekly practice back at ephram with just realativly new people. Sorry veterans, nothing personal.

Also, I have decided to form a house. Not some werid realm house thing but an actual house. I have alot of really cool ideas for it, should be awesome. As such, I am no longer trying to join Rekkr Vinr. More details on the house later.

Oh and BTW, how many people are we gona have out for MTAC? Me and Michael will be going.

_________________
avatar
Leinad
Admin

Male Number of posts : 564
Age : 27
Realm : WKU Medieval Recreation Club
House : May make one in the future
Fighting Style : Sword n Board with intrest in short red and floritien
Registration date : 2008-11-04

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/daniel237

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Runner on Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:58 pm

Will practice be canceled due to MTAC?
avatar
Runner

Male Number of posts : 643
Age : 25
Realm : Walkure
House : Walkure Elite apparently.
Fighting Style : Single blue, sword and board
Registration date : 2008-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Leinad on Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:52 pm

No, although there is a good chance not many people will be there.

_________________
avatar
Leinad
Admin

Male Number of posts : 564
Age : 27
Realm : WKU Medieval Recreation Club
House : May make one in the future
Fighting Style : Sword n Board with intrest in short red and floritien
Registration date : 2008-11-04

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/daniel237

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Ben on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:32 pm

A little fyi, i have had concert band at 4 to 530 on tues and thurs. that is why i have not been to many of those practices, though alot of times afterward, i will go to the feild and noone will be their...

I do wish to start being more actice. Now, my fraterity pleadgeship is ending, which means more free time! WOOHOO!! And i would like to be an offical herald...

DBZ IS GOING TO SUCK...though i would still love to see it! Smile
avatar
Ben

Male Number of posts : 86
Age : 27
Realm : WKU
House : Cumberland County/ HouseOf The Phinox Flame
Fighting Style : A style of my own!!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  bluedragon_012 on Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:40 pm

*reads*
I can and will help you D. I have much of the same visions as you do for the club. even though I may not be uber clear on all the rules I can help you when it comes to difficulties between fighters, managing the group, and things you may not have time to do. You are a leader. You founded and brought the group to the pint where it is today. Without your hard work, the members and me would not be where we are.

Now for the members, yes I myself have not been as loyal as I should of been, but when I have my license I will be coming as often as I can.
I also agree with much of which you say, some activities and setting up legit houses would help, and I would pay into this group because I dont want to see it die.
avatar
bluedragon_012

Male Number of posts : 96
Age : 25
Realm : WKU's belegarth club
House : None.
Fighting Style : Sword and Board witha hint of dual weilding
Registration date : 2008-11-09

View user profile http://bluedragon012.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Runner on Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:16 pm

I want to see the Dragonball movie because it will suck hardcore and give us many lulz. Also, I have no problem paying a couple bucks per month. I will hopefully learn from a few of the vets to check weapons, which could help me be a better foamsmith!!
avatar
Runner

Male Number of posts : 643
Age : 25
Realm : Walkure
House : Walkure Elite apparently.
Fighting Style : Single blue, sword and board
Registration date : 2008-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Zuryel on Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:07 am

Leinad wrote:As most of you probably know, we have had a lack of attendance recently. It sorta started after spring break, but recently, as in the last 6-7 practices or so, we've been lucky to get double digits in attendees.
Now, some people think that it's just because people have had work, school, etc... That is possible, and I know some people have been out for these things, but ultimately I think that theirs more to it than that. I founded this realm about a year ago and very rarely has attendance fallen so dramatically for just one day, let alone 6-7. I'm really worried about whats happening to us. This is not just me ranting because no one came Tuesday and it's not something I have just came up with out of no where. I have been talking to people, gathering opinions, and thinking about this for a while now.

First off, the whole practicing four times a week thing needs to stop. Attendance dwindled to what it is now after we started it. I think we have spread ourselves to thin. As such, after Beltaine or maybe sooner, we will be going back to Tuesday and Saturday practices, with something special on Sunday every now and then, not every week. If you look at most of the major realms in the Belegarth Wikipedia, very few hold practice more than twice a week, and many such as Dur-Demarion only have one practice the whole week.

Now on the other side, I think that people that want to fight more than twice a week (myself included), should be able to. I think the best way to solve this problem is for the houses we have, disorganized as they may be at the moment, should make their own special practices at a time and place of their choosing. Houses are by nature more competitive than random fighters, and it makes sense for them to want to practice more often. Making houses take the initiative to organize themselves into having their own practices rather than having the realm artificially make more practice days is only going to make the houses stronger, and should keep normal attendance higher.

Also, I really don't like the direction the realm is going. It's good that we have gotten a little more competitive, but I think we have gotten to serious. Practice isn't about having fun anymore, instead its about fighting. Fighting is fine and dandy, but if it's not also about having fun anymore then things are just going to decay into only the most serious and veteran fighters attending, which is exactly what has happened. If I'm right about the attendance being a trend rather than coincidence, it means that the realm is dieing. The few veterans that are still coming are going to get tired off fighting themselves and things are going to grind to a halt.

One of the ways to solve this, I think, is for the realm to do more stuff together. Now, to be fair, a lot of the blame as to why we haven't been doing this already is mine. A lot of people said they wanted to do more things like going to the movies like we did for role models and I never really did anything to get this to materialize. Well, I'm going to try to do better about that. However, one thing that I think needs to be done along these lines is to start charging club dues. We were technically supposed to be doing this all along, but the original constitution for the club was clunky, impractical, and more trouble than its worth. In order for the group to actually have some funds so we can do stuff, I think we should require $1 a month to participate (people that come one or twice a month obviously exempt). Now before anyone freaks out, remember that that is just $12 an entire freaking year (which probably isn't enough but that can be discussed latter). That money can be used to help pay for cook-outs, camp outs, a few movie tickets for those broke at the time of showing, and other things. Speaking of which, who wants to go see Dragon Ball Evolution April 10? It will probably be a terrible train wreck of a movie but its freaking D.B.Z so yea.

I have gotten a lot of complaints about rhino-hiding. Now granted I've had to drag it out of people, but its stopped some people from coming. Speaking of which, I want to congratulate almost all of you for not complaining and bitching about it overtly. Thank you for that. But in the future you need to ether talk to the person that is doing it, someone the rhino-hider will listen to, or me. Otherwise, it will probably continue and get worse.

We need designated weapons checkers and at least one herald per seven or so people at ALL times. This realms been around for a whole year and we have many veteran fighters. There is no reason we can't be more professional about what we do. Do you think that there is no rhino-hiding going on? Fair enough, but whats it going to hurt to have heralds on the field to make sure none starts. If it does hurt we will stop if and find something else to do.

Honestly though, where do we want to go as a realm? We practice on a campus that has thousands of people, there is no reason that we can't have huge attendance. My vision for the realm is a place that people come as a place to safely relieve stress, exercise, have fun, make new friends, and grow as a person. It should not be a place for a handful of hardcore fighters to stay isolated from the rest of W.K.U and do nothing but fight over and over again. If that is what you enjoy, more power to you, make a house and do it there. The actual REALM itself should be a place that is the most enjoyable for the most people. Even though right now the majority of the realm is veteran, the majority should be “middle class” fighters, fighters that are enthusiastic and curious yet good enough to stand a chance or at least limb the average veteran. There is no reason we can't be one of the coolest clubs on campus; people should come to practices because they enjoy it so much, not because they feel obligated to. Ten years from now when I have a Ph D hopefully, I want to be able to come back here and the realm still be here and thriving. I don't see this happening with the way things are going now.

Here soon, in addition to making a realm name, I'm going to make a new constitution that only has two officer positions but several unofficial positions. That way, people don't have to be W.K.U students to be in positions help. This will only work though if A. Some people are willing to give some of their time and effort to the betterment of the realm and B. People are willing to take the initiative to get things done instead of waiting for the realm leader to tell them what to do.

And finally, along those lines, I'm going to try to step down as realm leader soon. It's just to much stress for me, and I think I'm starting to get gray hairs (that may also be my lack of frequent showering however XD ). Not only that, but I really can't lead practices. Also, I have a tendency to lose all courage and resolve whenever someone bitches about things or I feel like I'm not liked. Someone needs to come forward and either become the new realm leader or become a vice realm leader that is there almost as often as I am and actively help me in the areas I'm weak in.

The reason I'm posting this huge rant is to discuss it with people I haven't talked to yet, and therefore refine it. Be sure to come to the cook out two weeks from now so you can have your say in this. Also, if you think you can step up and be realm leader or vice realm leader, let me know.

Holy crap that was a long post XD

I Am Not Paying To Play Belegarth Ever No Matter What Your "Reasons" For It Are... I Will Pay During Cook Outs And Movies If That Is Found Necessary... But Aside From That This Is Not The EBF Dues Are Ridiculous No Matter How Inconsequential...

There Has Been A Recent Abuse Of The "Light" Rule... People Are Calling Light On Anything That Does Not Knock Them Over... (Exaggeration) But Not By Much...
If You Are Going To Call Light On Every Shot Fine But Do Not Bitch About Hard Shots After That... Lights Should Be A Rare Occasion Not 9 Out Of 10 Swings... Yes Some Shots Are Light But All Of Them Are Not Plain And Simple... There Should Be A Comfortable Medium... Hm Like Medium Power Shots... Sounds Like A Good Idea To Me...

Excluding Anyone From Any Practice For Any Reason Aside From Sheer Disregard For The Rules Is Juvenile On Several Accounts... But Just Because Of Skill Level? That is Just Stupid... And Offensive... No One Will Ever Learn By Fighting People Who Know No More Than they Do... You Say Your Self That You Are Not The Best Fighter On The Field And While I Am In No Way Trying To Demean Your Skill As A Fighter, But New People Fighting Slightly Less New People? How Is That Supposed To Make Them Better? Also Excluding Some People From Practice Because Of Their Experience Level Is A Great Way To Lower Attendance Levels At Every Other Practice... Divide Us At One Practice And You May Divide Us For All Practices... Having Your House Practice As A "House Practice" Is Fine We Will Neither Intrude Nor Be Offended By That... But Having A Practice Where Simply "Vets" Cannot Show Up Is Demeaning And Rude... If You Do Not Want Us In Your Realm That Is Fine Tell Us To Leave And Leave We Shall But Do Not Expect Any Alliance Of Any Type If That Is The Case...

We All Join Belegarth Because The Fighting Is Enjoyable If We Just Wanted To Socialize With The Same 12 People We Would Go To The Mall, A Coffee House Or The Like...

Also Weapon Checking Should Be Done Once A Month By The Same Three People Every Time And The Weapon Should Have To Pass Two Of Three Inspectors To Be Usable... Heralds Are Also Generally Not Necessary With Less Than 15 People On The Field...

So That There Is No Miscommunication This Was Composed By Zuryel(Jared) As Well As Arkady(Matt). There Are No Hard Feeling As Of yet We Are But Annoyed And Felt It Best If Our Opinions Were Expressed...


Last edited by Zuryel on Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
I only have one rule, everyone fights, no one quits, if you run I will kill you myself. IS THAT CLEAR!?
avatar
Zuryel
Admin

Male Number of posts : 133
Age : 28
Realm : Walkure
House : Elite
Fighting Style : Sword and Board, Polearm
Registration date : 2009-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Xys' Tel Unaki on Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:11 am

Again, Im against paying a membership fee for something that should be free unless I am joining a school club. And yes I know we are a school club but a lot of members arent a student at WKU
avatar
Xys' Tel Unaki

Male Number of posts : 405
Realm : Disassociated
House : Xys' Tel of Aipotu
Fighting Style : Archery
Registration date : 2008-11-05

View user profile http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board=939933&topic=46389

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Xys' Tel Unaki on Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:15 am

And before Im bitched out for not wanting to pay, how about you try not having a job with no way to get money outside of a job and have a family who is currently fighting a lawsuit against a dead doctor (The lawsuit was going fine until the doctor died and now its harder for them to fight it) AND the only source of income your family has is weekly pay from your mother's job teaching her nephew before telling me that it is just $1 every month.
avatar
Xys' Tel Unaki

Male Number of posts : 405
Realm : Disassociated
House : Xys' Tel of Aipotu
Fighting Style : Archery
Registration date : 2008-11-05

View user profile http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board=939933&topic=46389

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Arkady on Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:18 am

Zuryel wrote:
Leinad wrote:As most of you probably know, we have had a lack of attendance recently. It sorta started after spring break, but recently, as in the last 6-7 practices or so, we've been lucky to get double digits in attendees.
Now, some people think that it's just because people have had work, school, etc... That is possible, and I know some people have been out for these things, but ultimately I think that theirs more to it than that. I founded this realm about a year ago and very rarely has attendance fallen so dramatically for just one day, let alone 6-7. I'm really worried about whats happening to us. This is not just me ranting because no one came Tuesday and it's not something I have just came up with out of no where. I have been talking to people, gathering opinions, and thinking about this for a while now.

First off, the whole practicing four times a week thing needs to stop. Attendance dwindled to what it is now after we started it. I think we have spread ourselves to thin. As such, after Beltaine or maybe sooner, we will be going back to Tuesday and Saturday practices, with something special on Sunday every now and then, not every week. If you look at most of the major realms in the Belegarth Wikipedia, very few hold practice more than twice a week, and many such as Dur-Demarion only have one practice the whole week.

Now on the other side, I think that people that want to fight more than twice a week (myself included), should be able to. I think the best way to solve this problem is for the houses we have, disorganized as they may be at the moment, should make their own special practices at a time and place of their choosing. Houses are by nature more competitive than random fighters, and it makes sense for them to want to practice more often. Making houses take the initiative to organize themselves into having their own practices rather than having the realm artificially make more practice days is only going to make the houses stronger, and should keep normal attendance higher.

Also, I really don't like the direction the realm is going. It's good that we have gotten a little more competitive, but I think we have gotten to serious. Practice isn't about having fun anymore, instead its about fighting. Fighting is fine and dandy, but if it's not also about having fun anymore then things are just going to decay into only the most serious and veteran fighters attending, which is exactly what has happened. If I'm right about the attendance being a trend rather than coincidence, it means that the realm is dieing. The few veterans that are still coming are going to get tired off fighting themselves and things are going to grind to a halt.

One of the ways to solve this, I think, is for the realm to do more stuff together. Now, to be fair, a lot of the blame as to why we haven't been doing this already is mine. A lot of people said they wanted to do more things like going to the movies like we did for role models and I never really did anything to get this to materialize. Well, I'm going to try to do better about that. However, one thing that I think needs to be done along these lines is to start charging club dues. We were technically supposed to be doing this all along, but the original constitution for the club was clunky, impractical, and more trouble than its worth. In order for the group to actually have some funds so we can do stuff, I think we should require $1 a month to participate (people that come one or twice a month obviously exempt). Now before anyone freaks out, remember that that is just $12 an entire freaking year (which probably isn't enough but that can be discussed latter). That money can be used to help pay for cook-outs, camp outs, a few movie tickets for those broke at the time of showing, and other things. Speaking of which, who wants to go see Dragon Ball Evolution April 10? It will probably be a terrible train wreck of a movie but its freaking D.B.Z so yea.

I have gotten a lot of complaints about rhino-hiding. Now granted I've had to drag it out of people, but its stopped some people from coming. Speaking of which, I want to congratulate almost all of you for not complaining and bitching about it overtly. Thank you for that. But in the future you need to ether talk to the person that is doing it, someone the rhino-hider will listen to, or me. Otherwise, it will probably continue and get worse.

We need designated weapons checkers and at least one herald per seven or so people at ALL times. This realms been around for a whole year and we have many veteran fighters. There is no reason we can't be more professional about what we do. Do you think that there is no rhino-hiding going on? Fair enough, but whats it going to hurt to have heralds on the field to make sure none starts. If it does hurt we will stop if and find something else to do.

Honestly though, where do we want to go as a realm? We practice on a campus that has thousands of people, there is no reason that we can't have huge attendance. My vision for the realm is a place that people come as a place to safely relieve stress, exercise, have fun, make new friends, and grow as a person. It should not be a place for a handful of hardcore fighters to stay isolated from the rest of W.K.U and do nothing but fight over and over again. If that is what you enjoy, more power to you, make a house and do it there. The actual REALM itself should be a place that is the most enjoyable for the most people. Even though right now the majority of the realm is veteran, the majority should be “middle class” fighters, fighters that are enthusiastic and curious yet good enough to stand a chance or at least limb the average veteran. There is no reason we can't be one of the coolest clubs on campus; people should come to practices because they enjoy it so much, not because they feel obligated to. Ten years from now when I have a Ph D hopefully, I want to be able to come back here and the realm still be here and thriving. I don't see this happening with the way things are going now.

Here soon, in addition to making a realm name, I'm going to make a new constitution that only has two officer positions but several unofficial positions. That way, people don't have to be W.K.U students to be in positions help. This will only work though if A. Some people are willing to give some of their time and effort to the betterment of the realm and B. People are willing to take the initiative to get things done instead of waiting for the realm leader to tell them what to do.

And finally, along those lines, I'm going to try to step down as realm leader soon. It's just to much stress for me, and I think I'm starting to get gray hairs (that may also be my lack of frequent showering however XD ). Not only that, but I really can't lead practices. Also, I have a tendency to lose all courage and resolve whenever someone bitches about things or I feel like I'm not liked. Someone needs to come forward and either become the new realm leader or become a vice realm leader that is there almost as often as I am and actively help me in the areas I'm weak in.

The reason I'm posting this huge rant is to discuss it with people I haven't talked to yet, and therefore refine it. Be sure to come to the cook out two weeks from now so you can have your say in this. Also, if you think you can step up and be realm leader or vice realm leader, let me know.

Holy crap that was a long post XD

I Am Not Paying To Play Belegarth Ever No Matter What Your "Reasons" For It Are... I Will Pay During Cook Outs And Movies If That Is Found Necessary... But Aside From That This Is Not The EBF Dues Are Ridiculous No Matter How Inconsequential...

There Has Been A Recent Abuse Of The "Light" Rule... People Are Calling Light On Anything That Does Not Knock Them Over... (Exaggeration) But Not By Much...
If You Are Going To Call Light On Every Shot Fine But Do Not Bitch About Hard Shots After That... Lights Should Be A Rare Occasion Not 9 Out Of 10 Swings... Yes Some Shots Are Light But All Of Them Are Not Plain And Simple... There Should Be A Comfortable Medium... Hm Like Medium Power Shots... Sounds Like A Good Idea To Me...

Excluding Anyone From Any Practice For Any Reason Aside From Sheer Disregard For The Rules Is Juvenile On Several Accounts... But Just Because Of Skill Level? That is Just Stupid... And Offensive... No One Will Ever Learn By Fighting People Who Know No More Than they Do... You Say Your Self That You Are Not The Best Fighter On The Field And While I Am In No Way Trying To Demean Your Skill As A Fighter, But New People Fighting Slightly Less New People? How Is That Supposed To Make Them Better? Also Excluding Some People From Practice Because Of Their Experience Level Is A Great Way To Lower Attendance Levels At Every Other Practice... Divide Us At One Practice And You May Divide Us For All Practices... Having Your House Practice As A "House Practice" Is Fine We Will Neither Intrude Nor Be Offended By That... But Having A Practice Where Simply "Vets" Cannot Show Up Is Demeaning And Rude... If You Do Not Want Us In Your Realm That Is Fine Tell Us To Leave And Leave We Shall But Do Not Expect Any Alliance Of Any Type If That Is The Case...

We All Join Belegarth Because The Fighting Is Enjoyable If We Just Wanted To Socialize With The Same 12 People We Would Go To The Mall, A Coffee House Or The Like...

Also Weapon Checking Should Be Done Once A Month By The Same Three People Every Time And The Weapon Should Have To Pass Two Of Three Inspectors To Be Usable... Heralds Are Also Generally Not Necessary With Less Than 15 People On The Field...

So That There Is No Miscommunication This Was Composed By Zuryel(Jared) As Well As Arkady(Matt). There Are No Hard Feeling As Of yet We Are But Annoyed And Felt It Best If Our Opinions Were Expressed...

2nd Paging This To Guarantee It Being Read...

Arkady
Belegarth Veteran

Male Number of posts : 28
Age : 107
Realm : ...
House : Currently Under Construction
Fighting Style : Single Blue,Greatswords,Polearms, Florentine,Daggers..,
Registration date : 2008-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Xys' Tel Unaki on Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:25 am

First, because I forgot to post it, Ill say it again. We arent getting new people as fast as usual because we arent on South Lawn. If we have only a few people at one practice, we can definitely move to South Lawn to attract more attention instead of staying at the ass of WKU where no one will look.

Second, I dont think he meant to outright exclude the vets. I think he meant that some newer people can get intimidated if there are people destroying the others every fight.
avatar
Xys' Tel Unaki

Male Number of posts : 405
Realm : Disassociated
House : Xys' Tel of Aipotu
Fighting Style : Archery
Registration date : 2008-11-05

View user profile http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board=939933&topic=46389

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Arkady on Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:31 am

Xys' Tel Unaki wrote:First, because I forgot to post it, Ill say it again. We arent getting new people as fast as usual because we arent on South Lawn. If we have only a few people at one practice, we can definitely move to South Lawn to attract more attention instead of staying at the ass of WKU where no one will look.

Second, I dont think he meant to outright exclude the vets. I think he meant that some newer people can get intimidated if there are people destroying the others every fight.

I Agree... Sort Of... We Should Most Certainly Move back To South Lawn...

Get Better?! Then No One Will "Destroy" Anyone...

Arkady
Belegarth Veteran

Male Number of posts : 28
Age : 107
Realm : ...
House : Currently Under Construction
Fighting Style : Single Blue,Greatswords,Polearms, Florentine,Daggers..,
Registration date : 2008-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Xys' Tel Unaki on Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:33 am

Im talking about new fighters. Fresh meat. The ones that showed up for the first time. They can get intimidated easily.
avatar
Xys' Tel Unaki

Male Number of posts : 405
Realm : Disassociated
House : Xys' Tel of Aipotu
Fighting Style : Archery
Registration date : 2008-11-05

View user profile http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board=939933&topic=46389

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Arkady on Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:43 am

Same Answer...

Arkady
Belegarth Veteran

Male Number of posts : 28
Age : 107
Realm : ...
House : Currently Under Construction
Fighting Style : Single Blue,Greatswords,Polearms, Florentine,Daggers..,
Registration date : 2008-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Daemonis on Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:06 am

your being a bit stubborn by just saying "get better"...for those new people who are just getting on the field, "get better" isnt on their minds just yet, they gotta "get hooked" before they can worry about "getting better", if you take it so seriously that "get better" is your only response, then maybe your lookin at this wrong...and before i get bitched at, YES, i do believe in getting better, it's my freakin goal for christ sake, but i have had time to get hooked, so i dont mind getting "destroyed", for the new people, its a bit of a turn off to the sport if we destroy them right away
avatar
Daemonis

Male Number of posts : 268
Age : 27
Realm : The One I'm In
House : Nope, Dorm
Fighting Style : I Fight To The Death, and If I Die....I Spawn 3' To The Left
Registration date : 2008-11-04

View user profile http://wkumedievalclub.roflforum.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Xys' Tel Unaki on Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:24 am

Daemonis wrote:its a bit of a turn off to the sport if YOU destroy them right away

Fix'd
avatar
Xys' Tel Unaki

Male Number of posts : 405
Realm : Disassociated
House : Xys' Tel of Aipotu
Fighting Style : Archery
Registration date : 2008-11-05

View user profile http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board=939933&topic=46389

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Nokomis on Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:27 am

For one, Paying a little fee thing can help. Hes not asking for alot of money, and hes not saying that if you don't pay your fee that you can't play. IT'S A DOLLAR GUYS! when you pay a dollar a month, your not really paying alot, and you can use that money for house weapons and garb. ITS NOT LIKE HES PLANNING ON TAKING YOUR SILLY LITTLE DOLLAR AND BUYING WHORES.

Unaki, DO NOT make an excuse like "I don't have a job" becuase I don't have a job, and its really hard to get ANY money from my family. If you remember how me and my mom got into a fist fight. I STILL MANAGE TO GET MONEY WHEN ITS NEEDED. Whether I borrow from my friends or I work for my neighbors.

So guys, be a little more openminded.

It's only a dollar.

_________________
Take me from this earth
an endless night-
this, the end of life.
From the dark I feel your lips
and taste your bloody kiss.
avatar
Nokomis
Visiter from Another Realm

Female Number of posts : 292
Age : 24
Fighting Style : Sword -&- Board
Registration date : 2009-01-17

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/define_insanity

Back to top Go down

Re: Realm needs to change

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum